10 Ways to Have a Great Road Trip!
I love me a good road trip! There's just something about filling up the gas tank, loading a few supplies in the car and taking off to explore. Here's my top 10 ways to make it a great trip!
- Find and stop at the “world’s largest” anything. World’s largest corn maze? Giant Blue Ox?
- Stop at all the small town advertised places. We have Sea Shell City and The Mystery Spot - what unique places can you find?
- Pack lightly so there’s room for souvenirs. Make it a contest who can pack in the smallest bag!
- Bring cash for toll roads - don’t forget change too!
- Play your own made up road games - how many cows have you passed, craziest billboard, how many different state license plates can you spot?
- Let someone know back home where you stop along the way. Travel safe and smart!
- Ask locals where they would eat. We have always had the best meals this way.
- Drink lots of water. We don’t always eat the best while on a road trip, so we can at least feel a little better.
- Pick some fun music that you can all agree to listen to - nothing bonds us better than singing along to a song.
- Take lots of pictures (and not ones just for social media)!