10 Ways to Practice Random Acts of Kindness Everyday
It’s the little things that can make your day, right? Seeing a stranger be kind to someone else, being the recipient yourself, or taking the time to help someone can change your perspective and attitude for the whole day. With the mindset of doing things for others everyday, we actually feel the benefits ourselves. Our lives are fast paced and by taking a few minutes each day to connect with and help others, we help ourselves too.
Here are 10 quick ways to practice random acts of kindness:
1. Pick up an extra grocery or personal care item or two for your local food pantry or shelter. A little adds up and can really make a difference for others.
2. When a friend or family member come to mind and you wonder how they are, send them a quick text or email. It doesn’t have to be long or deep but it let's them know you are thinking about them.
3. Put a coin in an expired or expiring meter for a stranger.
4. Give someone a hug or arm around the shoulder. We are a touch deprived society and some people go days without ever touching another human being.
5. When someone comes up short in the check-out line, help them out with their groceries.
6. Donating blood is a great way to help those who really need it.
7. Offer to give a ride to someone who doesn’t have a car.
8. Pay for coffee for those behind you in the drive-thru line. What a great surprise to a busy person and maybe they will keep it going!
9. Watch the kids of a friend, family member or neighbor who needs some much needed down time.
10. Take some treats to an elderly neighbor or a single parent. It doesn’t matter if they are homemade or store-bought, they just show you were thinking of them.