How To Build the Best Taco Fiesta Bar
Hosting a crowd? Make it easy (and delicious!) with a festive taco/burrito/nacho bar. The prep work makes your day of entertaining easy and you can spend all your time with your guests!
- A platter of flour tortillas, bowls of tortilla chips and Doritos and a bowl of lettuce allows guests to make a burrito, taco salad, or loaded nachos.
- Seasoned ground hamburger, sliced grilled chicken, black beans, and yellow rice are great options for your guests, even vegetarians.
- Place proteins and rice in half size disposable roasting pans to use in chafing dishes. You can prepare these the day before, refrigerate overnight, and warm in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes before placing in heated chafing pans. Depending on the size of your crowd, you can have back up pans in the oven ready to replace those that run out.
- Chop all the vegetables the day ahead and store them in glass containers, so on the day of your event you can just pull them out and take off the lid - ready to serve! Provide an assortment of toppings such as tomatoes, peppers, scallions, black olives, and cilantro along with sour cream, guacamole, queso cheese, and hot and mild salsa.
- Including a few side dishes can round out the meal such as corn salad, layered bean dip, cornbread or hot chili cheese dip.
- Don’t forget to print signs that give people ideas of what to create!